Are you using Twitter but struggling to increase your following? Doing this can be difficult and for many small businesses the problem is not knowing how to do this. Here are 3 tips that will help you improve your following on Twitter.
1. Share Valuable Content
There is nothing worse than seeing a Twitter account just sharing the same information day in day out without any consistency. When it comes to sharing content on Twitter, it needs to be;
- Engaging – If you content isn’t going to get a conversation going with your followers then your content isn’t engaging enough. Always make sure you ask questions to build conversations.
- Sharable – If you are posting content that no one wants to share, how are you going to improve your following? Make sure you know what your followers are looking for and expect retweets and comments.
- Unique – If you are just retweeting what everyone else is posting, you won’t be taken seriously as a thought leader and you won’t pick up any new followers so be careful and make sure you have a good balance between retweeting and posting unique content.
2. Using Keywords in Your Tweets
When you start thinking about what to post on Twitter, you really need to think about your business and what you can do for your followers. Social media in general isn’t about hard selling to your audience, its about offering a solution to an already existing problem and building relationships.
You need to do your Google Keyword Research before you can decide what keywords to use in your Tweets but remember, quality over quantity. Don’t throw loads of different keywords into one tweet because it won’t mean anything if no one is engaging with you. You must also think about your Twitter Biography as well. This needs to be straight to the point, tell your customer exactly what you do, where you are based and the problem you are trying to solve.
3. Build Relationships with Influencers
If you have just started using Twitter for your business and you don’t know where to start, let me offer you some advice. Do some research and find out who are the biggest Twitter influencers in your industry sector and connect with them. It may take some time before they speak back to you but this is one of the best ways to build your following on Twitter.
If you are associating yourself with an influencer in your industry and they retweet something you say, that gives not only your tweet but your business authority and will boost your online following almost immediately.